The RPNA held its Board meeting on 7/21. Our meeting summary was delayed due to delays receiving the CalTrans slides noted below. Key takeaways are as follows:
- CalTrans joined the meeting to provide an update on the I-80 bride widening (slides available here: https://riverparksacramento.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/ARB-Presentation_withDesigns.pdf ). In addition to the sound wall update noted below, the slides contain new displays for various elements. The updated construction timeline includes foundation work being completed by the end of 2022 and construction lasting until June 2026.
- Deadline 8/21: CalTrans is giving RP residents (particularly those residents who live adjacent to the sound wall) an opportunity to select among three aesthetic designs for what the new sound wall would look like. See the three options at the end of the slide deck linked above, and e-mail SR51.American.River.Bridge@dot.ca.gov with any recommendations by August 21.
- The Board discussed the 4th of July festivities and wants to thank all residents who participated and helped make the event a success! The Board discussed likely establishing participation criteria for next year’s car parade.
- The Board discussed the RPNA finances, which included the fact that the RPNA is projecting to run a ~$4,000 budget deficit in 2022, requiring it to draw down its cash reserves. RPNA encourages all residents to join/renew their membership, more information here: https://riverparksacramento.org/membership/
- Want to help make RP a great place to live? The RPNA Board has seven open seats for its 2023-24 term, and we are seeking candidates to fill them. Just make sure you are a member who has paid his/her dues and submit your candidacy by sending a 1-paragraph candidate statement by October 15 to email@example.com. See full details in the August RP Review: https://riverparksacramento.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/RPReview_8_22_web.pdf
Our next board meeting is 8/18 at 7:30pm via Zoom. All residents are welcome to join, and we will distribute an agenda in advance with instructions for how to join.