The RPNA held its Board meeting on 2/17. Key takeaways are as follows:
- The Army Corps’ riverbank erosion mitigation project will lower risk in RP but will bring short-term noise, vibration, dust, and traffic. The “haul route” to bring material to and from the site will include Carlson Drive. Tree/brush removal is expected to conclude by the first week of March. Construction (e.g., placing rock) will take place in the Summer/Fall. Replanting will begin Spring 2023. Work hours will be 7am to 6pm. The Army Corps presentation is available https://riverparksacramento.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/ArmyCorps.pdf Questions remain about the details of environmental mitigation, and RPNA will continue to work with the Army Corps to get information.
- CM Valenzuela reported that the City Attorney’s office has intervened in discussions about the City’s Erlewine Gate due to liability concerns associated with the code-lock compromise and has given CM Valenzuela three options for the future of the gate: (1) permanently close the gate, (2) remove the gate entirely and leave it open permanently, and (3) City enter into an agreement with a third-party who will take ownership of maintenance and legal liability associated with the gate. CM Valenzuela offered to continue the discussion at the next meeting and bring a representative from the City Attorney’s Office.
- The Board approved a spending plan for 2022 that includes funding for a full 4th of July Festival, and a $200 contribution to the RP Garden Club to support the re-starting of its Garden Tour, which will take place on April 23.
- RPNA is working to re-start the monthly Food Truck Mania events at Glenn Hall Park that include live music and beverages. More to come.
- Thanks to the 130 residents who completed our Neighborhood Improvement survey! Many responses focused on concerns related to safety and homelessness. Full results will be printed in the next RP Review. The Neighborhood Improvement Committee is seeking residents to join the Committee to help identify & execute on recommendations. If you are interested, e-mail Fatima Thompson at email@example.com.
Our next board meeting is 3/17 at 7:30pm via Zoom. All residents are welcome to join, and we will distribute an agenda in advance with instructions for how to join.