The RPNA Board met via Zoom on 8/19. Key takeaways are as follows:
- “Screen on the Green” is now planned for the evening of Sat. 9/11 at Glenn Hall, showing the movie “Soul”. More details were included in a separate post last week.
- RPNA is planning to host a virtual community meeting (likely on 10/21 at 7:30pm) to provide updates on three government projects impacting RP that are expected to begin in coming months: (1) Army Corps river bank protection project running from H Street bridge to “Parade Bend”, (2) CalTrans widening of the I-80 bridge, and (3) City Two Rivers Trail paving project.
- City Council adopted the Homeless Master Plan. As previously reported, the main site in District 3 is a planned triage center at CalExpo, but the City still needs approval from the Board governing the property.
- RPNA has asked the Buffalo Chips Running Club to remove numbers they painted in the streets and to use chalk instead. The Club has agreed. As a reminder, the Buffalo Stampede run the morning of September 12 will cause traffic delays. The map and more information is on Page 11 of the RP Review at https://riverparksacramento.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/RP-Review-Aug_21.pdf
- Sacramento Public library invites the community to share ideas and priorities with its planning team through an online survey at https://surveyhero.com/c/a9dff2e8
- Next year, the City will be rolling out a food a recycling program mandated by state law that will require food waste to be placed in your green waste bin instead of the garbage. More information available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-enW7SgSt1Uor and https://www.cityofsacramento.org/Public-Works/RSW/Collection-Services/Organics-Recycling
- The City is working to remind residents and contractors that using leaf blowers is prohibited on bad air days where the AQI > 100. Residents can report violations using the City’s 311 app or by calling 311.
Our next board meeting is 9/16 at 730pm via Zoom. All residents are welcome to join, and we will distribute an agenda in advance with instructions for how to join.