The RPNA Board met via Zoom on 6/18; key takeaways are as follows:
- Plans are in place for socially-distant 4th of July festivities. There will be a car parade for decorated cars that that ends at Glenn Hall, a food truck at Glenn Hall, and a chalk art competition (virtually from your home) with prizes. More information to come.
- CM Harris discussed questions about where water meters will be installed on properties. He reiterated that residents can look up their property on www.metersmatter.org. If it says the “planned improvement” is a “pipe replacement”, that means it is a front-yard install. If it says “backyard meter retrofit”, that means it will be in the backyard. For front-yard installs, the default location is in the yard, behind the sidewalk and flush with the ground. However, there are a lot of parcels in RP that have default locations in the sidewalk, typically due to lack of easements. Property owners with default locations in the yard were provided the option to have the meter installed in the sidewalk, with letters sent in 2019. CM Harris encouraged anyone who has questions about the locations and may want to opt to have it installed in the sidewalk to contact the project consultants ASAP, either at email@example.com or 916-808-5870.
- At the request of Neighborhood Patrol, the City is going to increase parking enforcement at Glenn Hall and the street adjacent to the park to deter illegal parties in the evening/night.
- There has been vandalism of the Erlewine gate and surrounding fencing. We are looking at additional improvements to the fencing and security measures at the gate.
- The Army Corps river bank protection project is expected to begin this fall and will significantly alter the landscape between Glenn Hall and H Street Bridge, and there will also be significant truck traffic through the neighborhood. Information is available at www.sacleveeupgrades.com, but we also are looking to create a Zoom meeting to have the Army Corps present an update to the neighborhood and answer questions.
Our next board meeting on 7/16 at 730pm via Zoom. All residents are welcome to join, and we will distribute an agenda in advance with instructions for how to join.