The RPNA Board met via Zoom on 5/20. Key takeaways are as follows:
- The Events Committee discussed plans for the 4th of July, which will include car parade, bicycle parade, food trucks, and chalk art competition, and possibly tables/booths at the locations throughout the neighborhood. In addition, the Mother’s Club may host a bicycle decorating party on July 3rd.
- Parties at Paradise Beach and drunk drivers leaving Glenn Hall have reemerged with the season. Neighborhood Patrol is requesting that the County Park Rangers shift patrols into the evenings. Residents are encouraged to always report issues as more phone calls generate more patrols. For issues on the river side of the levee, the County Park Rangers can be reached at 916-875-7275. For issues at the park or neighborhood, SacPD non-emergency is 916-808-5471. For emergencies, call 9-1-1.
- The Glenn Hall pool will have regular hours this summer, and water aerobics is being added as an activity. The hours and details are still being finalized.
- The RP Tree Canopy Project will be doing a planting on November 20 with the goal of planting 25 trees. More information to come for any residents looking for a free tree that will be planted by trained neighbors!
- At the May 11 City Council Meeting, Councilman Harris presented his proposal for sites in District 3 to address homelessness, as part of the Homeless Master Plan initiative. His presentation can be viewed at the following link, with his remarks beginning 12:30 into the video: http://sacramento.granicus.com/player/clip/4942?view_id=22&redirect=true
- The Board approved support for re-naming the H Street bridge after SacPD fallen officer Tara O’Sullivan who was shot and killed in 2019 while on a call to keep the peace during a domestic violence incident. Officer O’Sullivan was an East Sac resident. The request for support is being led by former City Councilman Josh Pane, and it is on the City Council agenda for this Tuesday.
Our next board meeting is 6/17 at 730pm via Zoom. All residents are welcome to join, and we will distribute an agenda in advance with instructions for how to join.