The following are top takeaways from the RPNA Board meeting on 2/20:
- The Board authorized two expenditures: (1) $100 to sponsor the Garden Club’s Garden Tour on April 18, and (2) the Neighborhood Patrol to purchase up to $250 in lighting equipment such as portable spotlights and flashlights to assist volunteers. To volunteer for the program, please contact Shelley Hescock at email@example.com
- The Buffalo Chips Running Club donated $500 to RPNA to thank the neighborhood for supporting their races, knowing street closures create an inconvenience. They are planning the same three races this year on 7/4, 8/8, and 9/13. Similar to last year, we will provide information ahead of time on any street closures both electronically and in the RP Review.
- The RPNA Spring Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, March 21 at Caleb. Breakfast items will be served during a social hour from 9-10am. The meeting will run from 10-12 and include another overview of the water meter installation project (estimated to begin in April), Gig Car Share to answer questions about the program, and we are working to include a Neighborhood Patrol discussion with SacPD and the County Park Rangers. As noted in prior updates, we are also working on proposed changes to the RPNA bylaws that will be presented.
- The City provided an overview of a SacPD mid-year budget request to add an additional 20 Community Service Officers and 20 vehicles to supplement SacPDs efforts to respond to homeless issues. The CSOs are a resource for situations when a sworn officer is not necessary, such as posting unoccupied camps and coordinating cleanup crews. To express an opinion on the proposal or ask questions, you can contact City Council District 3 office.
- The Board appointed neighbor Shelley Hescock fill the vacant 9th board seat.
Interested in these issues? Come join us at the next RPNA Board Meeting March 19 at 7:30pm at Fremont Church, Room 210.