The following are top takeaways from the RPNA Board meeting on 11/21:
- Holiday Lights Contest will be held on Thursday, December 19. Details to come in the December RP Review. Thanks to Kim Teague for organizing this year’s event!
- The City project to install water meters in RP is projected to being in April 2020 with completion likely one year later in April 2021. More details to come.
- The City is still looking at options to place a code lock on the Erlewine gate, with funding as the current hurdle.
- Several neighbors who joined the meeting expressed concern about speeding on Moddison near Bevil and Jennings. The City stated it would look at options for taking action at that stretch.
- The City reported that the Catholic church between RP and CSUS, on Newman Ct., is looking to move the church to the back of the property and build a commercial housing development towards the front of the property.
- The Board discussed the fact that two minors had submitted candidate statements to run for the Board. The Board voted to not allow minors to serve as voting board members, but created an official position for minors to participate in Board discussions without having a formal vote. The Board also voted to recommend at the next General Meeting that the RPNA bylaws be clarified to add a requirement that Board members be at least 18 years of age.
Interested in these issues? Come join us at the next RPNA Board Meeting on January 16 at 7:30pm at Fremont Church, Room 210.