The RPNA Board wants to make the neighborhood aware that we are proposing to amend the organization’s bylaws. We would normally raise amendments at one of our General Meetings as required by our existing bylaws, but due to the pandemic, we are using e-mail and social media as an alternative to make sure there isn’t objection. We are opening a 30-day comment period on the proposed changes, closing September 9. You can view the redline changes at the link below. A summary of the key proposed changes are as follows:
- Adding a requirement that Board members be 18 years-of-age or older, while also adding a Youth Advisory Council for minors interested in participating;
- Reducing the number of Board members from 11 to 9;
- For issues where there is a full membership vote (e.g., Board elections), clarifying that each paying member receives one vote. This means that if there are two paying members in a single household, each would get one vote; and
- Making sure dues increases are published at least 30 days before any increase goes into effect.
Comments on these proposed revisions can be made:
- By sending an e-mail to SacramentoRPNA@Gmail.com
- By attending our Board meetings over Zoom, either on August 20 or September 17 (details to join those meetings are posted on social media, our e-mail list serve, and on RiverParkSacramento.org.
Unless we receive objections to our changes, we plan to adopt the changes during our September 17 meeting.